Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Integrating Technology into Upper Elementary



This is my first year as a full-time technology teacher but I know the struggle is real when trying to integrate technology. Time is tight and it can be a hassle at times to fit it all in! However, the best part of technology is that it is super engaging and can enhance ANY lesson. Today I want to share with you guys how to integrate coding into a math geometry lesson. My third, fourth, and fifth graders LOVED this lesson! I even created a video lesson for you to share with your class!


I created this lesson as an enrichment lesson to get students practicing angles, coordinates, and geometry. I decided to focus on squares and rectangles and then challenge my students to create other shapes on their own. Here is the video lesson that you can share with your students.


I also created a spirograph lesson that is the follow-up to this lesson. My students were super creative and created some awesome spirograph designs using shapes and angles. I will definitely create a video of that for you guys in the near future.


I love using Scratch in my classroom with my students. I would love to hear how you use Scratch in your classroom.

7 comments:

  1. Really something Grate in this article Thanks for sharing this. We are providing Online Training Classes. After reading this slightly I am changed my way of introduction about my training to people. all123movies.pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. The market for electric cargo bikes has seen substantial growth due to factors such as increasing environmental concern. Also, increased knowledge across different industries offers an enormous market opportunity for key players in the Electric Cargo Bikes Market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The growing need to treat wastewater to meet current water demands is driving the global Packaged Wastewater Treatment Market. The industry is also benefiting from the rising population. There are more than 7.71 billion people on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful article. thank you for posting the sort of outstanding weblog! truly inspired through reading your post.
    buy personalized basketball jersey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surya Furniture is a leading furniture store in Melbourne, Australia. It has an impressive collection of brands that offer customers with quality and luxurious furnishings for their homes. At Surya Furniture, you can choose from a range of furniture items including couches, dining tables, bedding sets and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nuevo Living Furniture is an excellent way to make a home more modern and stylish. We've made finding the perfect pieces of nuevo living furniture as easy as possible by creating this website. You'll find a variety of items on our site, including tables, chairs, desks, beds, cabinets and so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very nice and neat written blog. The way of writing is very impressive. The information is also very helpful. All best wishes to you for your work. Thank you so much for sharing. lasuth postgraduate in echocardiography form out

    ReplyDelete