Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Differentiation in the Classroom with Mrs. Grooms' Room



Hey y'all! 
I am so glad to be blogging with my friends at the Elementary Entourage.  We are sharing ideas this month about how to differentiate in the classroom.  One of the things that I love to differentiate in my classroom is homework  for my students. 



I love to have my students use a spelling menu for their spelling words or for their word wall words.  They choose their activity on the menu.  Their menus are chocked full of activities that range from easy-peasy to rocket scientists.  Students record their activities in their spelling journals that I check daily.  Try the example above!  






I also have my students read books that are on their level.  These go home to provide fluency practice.  (We use Fountas & Pinnell to guide our reading curriculum, so we use reading levels A-Z.)  We even use fluency passages that are leveled so students and parents can practice reading words per minute at home.  My goal is to have students choose their own books. Exciting! 


These are just a couple of things that I like to do for homework to differentiate in my classroom.  What are some of the things that you like to do? 



Now, I am almost 100 percent positive you have heard about a certain sale that started today!!   Everyone is really excited over at TPT and I know I am too.  So head on over!  Grab a coffee, sit back, and let's do some shopping! 






No comments:

Post a Comment