Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Classroom Tips for Going Green {with Aloha to Second}


Spring is finally here!  At least it feels that way.  It is so nice outside, and I am loving the outdoor recess time.  It also seems like a great time to celebrate Earth Day since the weather is so beautiful.  (I hope it's been beautiful where you are!) It's not always nice when we celebrate Earth Day.

I am going to share with you some ways that I go green in my classroom.  I think it is so important to remember to reduce, reuse, and recycle!


One way that I go green is by using these clear dry erase reusable pockets.  You can find them at Staples here.  I LOVE these.  I use them for worksheets when I don't want to copy a lot when I work with small groups.  I use them for reading activities and word study.  My kids enjoy them and think it is neat that they erase so easily!


The second way I go green is by laminating and storing all my small group and center activities.  This has been a true life saver.  I laminate the games, place them in a ziplock bag, and then I store them by season in these giant tubs.  Then, each year I pull out my tub and use that to plan my small group and center activities.  It saves me time AND saves paper each year!



The last way I go green is by using page protectors.  I slide number grids, calendar pages, and other activities in page protectors.  My students use dry erase markers on them, erase their work after, and then they are ready for someone else to use!  This definitely cuts down on my copies!


This year, my class completed a service learning project about recycling.  If you are interested in seeing how they recycled items to make instruments, please click on the picture below.  You can also grab a free recycling book in my TpT store by clicking here.  



I hope you enjoyed the tips!  How do you go green in your classroom? I'm always looking for more ways, so please share below!



No comments:

Post a Comment