Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

100th Days and Counting with a Writing Freebie {Amna for Teach Two Reach}



Many of you guys have already celebrated the 100th Day. But hopefully there are still some of you out there that can benefit from this post this year! Living in New York, we usually start school right after Labor Day. That pushes our 100th day wayyyy later than all the schools in the south or midwest that start in early August. 

I was looking through my pictures of last year's 100th day and got so mad at myself. I took HALF pictures- meaning I would take pictures of projects only half way done and never took the completed shot. Maybe I was having too much fun to remember? Well, let me explain what the picture below is. Students are in the middle of painting 100 dots with their finger onto a paper plate. What they did afterwards was staple that paper plate onto a base made out of construction paper that looks like the base of a gumball machine. Let's imagine that together so you get an idea of what I mean. :)


A good trick is to leave some baby wipes when kids are finger painting with multiple colors so they can quickly dab the excess paint off and switch colors. 

Next up is this lovely boy who was born with a heart face. 

He is wearing a 100th day hat. Listen, sometimes the projects I choose on crazy hectic days like this are very specifically chosen with one fact in mind - Will this take a long time to do? Yes? Then it's in the plan. 



But my favorite project of all time for the 100th Day is using the Aging App. I know my friends here have already talked about this crazy App in the previous posts but I have to add in my two cents and a freebie. It was HILARIOUS taking their pictures. I started taking pictures of kids the week prior, a few at a time whenever I could. But I didn't tell them what I was taking them for and wouldn't show them what I was doing. So they had no idea I was using the App. They kept on asking what it was for, but I wouldn't give in and finally they gave up. At home, I printed out the pictures and glued each one onto the "Before I'm 100," template. 

On 100th Day - I said I had a surprise for them and that I had turned them all old. I handed out their templates and oh man!...the giggles, laughs, faces of shock - it was all too awesome. 

So their assignment was to write about all the things they would like to do or places they would like to go before they turn 100. This made a wonderful hallway bulletin board display - something AGAIN I forgot to take a picture of. 

Another boy born with a heart face

I had to take a picture of my then 2 year old as well. hahaha



Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love to see you over on my personal blog as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment