Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

My Lesson Planning Style (Lisa from ALL Y'all Need)



I have a confession to make... My lesson plan system is a complete disaster right now and I'm blaming it on the fact that I've moved grade levels. While teaching Kindergarten, my lesson plans were nice, neat, and written with my favorite flair pens inside my Erin Condren planner. I LOVED my planner. It was bright, happy, and I could cross out items on my list. Needless to say, I was happy, happy, happy. Then, my district chose to require online lesson plans using a system that could be viewed by administrators. I totally get the accountable standpoint, but it took away my creativity in lesson planning. (AKA you can't cross things out on a computer) I felt like I had to have two versions; One that was administrator friendly and one that was busy teacher friendly. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about and I'm preaching to the choir.
I am currently finishing the first week of school and I'm in survival mode. I've moved districts and grade levels. Currently, I'm teaching Pre-K and love it! However, the planning format is completely different from Kindergarten and I've relied on my wonderful team to show me the ropes. This week, my lesson plans have been written in Word format. I have also heavily relied on my Erin Condren spiral. It is chalk full of ideas to implement in my classroom. I felt like I needed to begin my year with an extremely detailed daily agenda. It has worked this week, but next week I'll be using my fabulous Erin Condren planner! My new district does require the same online lesson plans like my previous district. But, they are asking for our plans to be written using the "We will...I will" format. This format makes sense to me because we are really focusing on HOW we want our kiddos to master the standards. To help save some time, I am printing small labels that will say, "We will" and "I will." The labels will be handy to use in my planner so that I'm always keeping the end in mind.

This year, I'm taking back my planner! I'm going to be using my Erin Condren planner for me and me alone.  I'm so excited to have a planner filled with bright, happy colors!


Happy planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment