Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Meet the Teacher { with Stephanie from Mrs. D's Corner }

Hey everyone! I can't believe that it is August already... and that August is almost half over. I just can't.

Our Meet the Teacher is next Friday, so I have been getting some things ready in my room over the last few days to prepare. Last school year, it was tough for me because I was in a brand new position, in a brand new school... with pretty much brand new everything. So I'm very excited that I feel like I have a handle on things this school year.

Like I said, last school year was completely new to me. I literally did nothing except welcome parents into the classroom and that was it. #worstteacherever

So this year I'm trying to make up for it. Here's what I have planned so far:
I found the idea for Wish Fish on Fluttering Through First Grade's blog. Even though I put a page in my Parent Handbook Flip Book about classroom donations through the school year, I wanted to give parents the option to donate things we always need now... like Clorox wipes, tissues, Velcro, tape. Since I teach friends with special needs, our supply list for the year differs from that of a traditional supply list. We cook on Friday's, so that's why we are in need of a spatula and ingredients :)

You can snag a set of blank Wish Fish here. Just print on colored paper and write on them with a Sharpie!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/07/back-to-school-bulletin-boards.html
I saw this super simple, yet perfect back to school bulletin board over at Doodle Bugs Teaching. I put up a white background and still need to paint the sun and print the letters, but I think my students and their parents will enjoy it. It's bright and cheery, perfect for back to school.

The last thing I plan to do is pick out a casual professional outfit. Last year I was so overwhelmed with everything being new, that I didn't even do my hair or makeup.

Yeah, the parents probably left Meet the Teacher last year like that. #thosepoorparents

I'm a pretty casual person though. I live in Target t-shirts and GAP khakis because I need to be comfortable when working with my little friends. I'm constantly on the floor, lifting and transferring students, changing and diapering, so skirts and heels just aren't an option. But this year I'm going to *try* to make more of an effort... ya know, since I have a handle on this whole teaching life skills things now...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/262123640785622605/
Ideally, it would be something like this.
http://www.theentertaininghouse.com/2013/08/white-jeans-most-perfect-pant.html
Or this, except with white dress pants and not white jeans. There are just so many options! Hopefully there is something good left at the mall this week after it being Tax Free Weekend this past weekend.

What do you have planned for Meet the Teacher / Back to School Night / Open House?

No comments:

Post a Comment