Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Celebrating America {with Stephanie from The Learning Chambers}


I grew up in an extended military family.  My grandfather was in the air force, my uncle was in the air force, and my other uncle is in the army and has served two tours in Iraq and also served during Desert Storm.  I truly am so thankful for their service and also for the service of the countless men and women that have served to protect our country.  THANK YOU!

Since this time is a little busy with my second graders finishing their bird research projects and me DRA testing, I know that I definitely want integrate Memorial Day into my workstations.

WRITING CENTER
I LOVE putting little books into my writing station for my kids to put together and then read to learn more.  I found this PERFECT Memorial Day Book Freebie from Fun Fabulous Firsties.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Memorial-Day-Book-Freebie-1250781
Click on the product cover to grab this freebie.  Please make sure you leave her some feedback love!

INDEPENDENT READING
I also love updating my class library by putting out books that match either our theme or upcoming holidays.  Here is a website that shares 11 books about the USA that I can't wait to check out.

books about the usa
Click on the picture to visit the post from No Time for Flash Cards.

READING SMALL GROUPS
Lastly, I love to have my students work on informational texts during reading small groups to practice skills like main idea and locating facts and details.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/American-Presidents-Informational-Texts-Easy-Printing-1714415

This American Presidents pack is my FAVORITE and my kids love it too!  I mean it is so much fun to read and learn about our current president and also some of our favorite past presidents.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/American-Presidents-Informational-Texts-Easy-Printing-1714415

Here is a George Washington informational text freebie for you to try out.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/George-Washington-Informational-Text-Sampler-Easy-Printing-1714392
Click on the product cover to grab this freebie.

Thanks for reading my post!  I hope you are able to integrate some of these into your classroom during May and June.


No comments:

Post a Comment