Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Celebrating America {Handprint Flag}

Can you believe it is MAY!!! I hope that means your school year is finally winding down and you're getting the chance to have some fun with your kiddos to end the year.  Our next theme here on The Elementary Entourage is meant to bring you some ideas for celebrating any and all patriotic holidays. Coming up in May we have Armed Forces Day (5/16) and Memorial Day (5/25). Then there's Flag Day (6/14) and Independence Day (7/4) not too long after that. 

With a hubby in the military anything patriotic is pretty near and dear to my heart, so I always take time to celebrate these holidays in my classroom as well as Veterans Day in November and Presidents Day in February.

One of my favorite projects to do with my class is to create a hand print flag. It always makes a beautiful display and I usually change it up a little bit from year to year (or holiday to holiday) by asking students to respond to a different question.

Here is how it works:
You can't see in this picture but I also print the prompt out and display it near the flag. Here are just a few examples.



Just because I love our Elementary Entourage followers so much, you can grab this little project and all the printables above for FREE here!

If you are looking for even more ideas, find these posters are from my Celebrating America pack along with 90 pages of printables and ideas for celebrating patriotic holidays all year long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment