Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Technology Tips and Tricks from Aloha to Second

I am loving all of these posts about technology!  I've been reading all of them and I can't wait to try them!  Today, I am sharing something I use in my classroom.  I absolutely love it!  


I use this handy app called Shadow Puppet.  I have an iPhone and use it on there, but I know people with Android devices that use it as well.  

I use this app to share student work with parents or to allow students to make presentations.  I am lucky enough to have 4 tablets in my room and the kids use the tablets to make shadow puppets of their work or activities.  They may creat group projects or share something they want to show their parents.

Let me show you how to use it! 

First, go to the App Store and download the app.  It looks like this!



Then, you open up the application and start with create new.  They even have some examples you can check out! 




Once you've started your new project, you can add photos or videos.  The videos will let you share only 30 seconds so be prepared to cut it in the app.  


When you add your pictures you will number them in the order that you want to use them.  Don't worry though, if you want to change the order you can do it later.  I'll explain how in a bit. :) 

You add your pictures and it takes you back to this screen. 


It shows the first picture you have and you can add text, music, or your voice to the project.  

The T located in the bottom left corner is where you add text.   It will take you to this screen where you can write words to share with the viewer more information.  You can also make the words zoom in or fade out.  There is an option to make the letters different sizes and different colors.  The raindrop is where you change the font color.    



Then, you click the check mark in the top right corner and go back to your screen with the picture.  


If you hit the button in the top right corner, that will allow you to add pictures, rearrange them, or go back.  I had to add another picture and it was out of order, so you just hold down on the picture and drag it to where you want it. 

Now that I have all my pictures and my words, I record my voice.  I share what my kids did.  I also added music.  If you click the music note you can add songs they have available in the app or from iTunes.  

You can also pause at each page and have a child record their voice if you want.  You can also undo what you did and start over on each page or start from the beginning! 

Check out my shadow puppet! (Please ignore my childish voice. :/  I hate hearing myself talk!)


I love this program!  It is so simple and a great way to display work for parents.  I can complete it quickly and then post it on my blog. 

I hope you enjoy this and can find it useful in your classroom! 

Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment